The Nightless 불야성
"Just admit it properly. You know you can't survive here without me anyway."
"..."
"And you have to use me, Sayoung."
There had only been the two of them all her life. And then that mother took her own life.
In a distant, foreign land and at a dead end, Sayoung meets Lee Taeho, the influential powerbroker of Hong Kong known as the "Golden Tiger."
Through Taeho, Sayoung learns of the secret her mother had hidden for a long time, and the unpublished work by Arthur Clements that he is searching for, 《Albrecht Weeping in Sorrow》. To return to Korea, she reaches out to Taeho, a savior who looks infinitely dangerous.
Amidst this unfamiliar city that never sleeps, will she be able to find the freedom she desires?
[Preview]
"I'm debating."
"..."
"Whether to kill you, keep you alive, or sell you off to the red-light district."
"..."
"What should I do to make myself feel a little better?"
That low, damp voice carried a hint of ecstasy. Sayoung swallowed dryly, suppressing the sensation of all the blood draining from her body. His gaze, grasping her chin and slowly dissecting her face, pierced and dug into her skin like a sharp scalpel. She trembled faintly at that pale, chilling sharpness, like a small beast hoisted onto an operating table.
"I don't even know where I should start touching."
He was weighing multiple options, hesitating over which one would bring him the most satisfaction. Sayoung closed her eyes tightly, opened them, and parted her red lips to speak.
"Do you... need me?"
"As it turns out, yes."
He had more than enough reasons to kill her, but there was also a clear reason why he had to reluctantly keep her alive. He had judged that she still held utility value to him as Cynthia's daughter. To him, she was both a very expensive secret and a high-scarcity commodity. The problem was that she had zero clue what that utility value precisely meant, or what she had to spit out in front of him to satisfy him.
"I need you, too."
"I suppose so."
The man chuckled faintly. Sayoung pressed her lips shut tightly and spoke slowly.
"I will cooperate just as you want. In return..."
With her purpose becoming clear, she wasn't afraid anymore. She slowly pulled down the wrist of the hand that was holding her chin. Seeing that action, the man let out a short, airy chuckle, but the corners of his mouth were not smiling at all.
"In return?"
"Once you find that painting and get your hands on it, send me back to Korea through proper legal procedures."
#ContemporaryRomance #HongKongSetting #Salvation #PowerfulMaleLeadInHongKong #MaleLeadSearchingForAPainting #MaleLeadFallingForFemaleLead #ColdObsessiveMaleLead #DaughterOfAForgerFemaleLead #FemaleLeadDesiringFreedom #FemaleLeadTrappedByMaleLead #InsecureWoundedFemaleLead
Comments
Post a Comment