I Used To Be Alone Until I Met You 我本爱孤独,直到有了你 by Ye Luo Wu Xin 叶落无心

I Used To Be Alone Until I Met You 我本爱孤独,直到有了你

Author: Ye Luo Wu Xin 叶落无心 Status: Coming Soon Chapters:
Chinese Modern Romance

In my brain filled with romance tropes, confession, proposal, and marriage are the three most memorable moments in a woman's life, which should be romantic enough that when looking back in old age, one can still be moved to tears.

However, art is always higher than life.

June 13, 2003. I remember this date very clearly because that day was my birthday.

The SARS epidemic that had lasted for more than two months and the upcoming graduation made the entire campus seem immersed in a heavy parting atmosphere.

I was oppressed by the heavy atmosphere to the extreme, and on impulse, I asked him to go to a bar for a drink.

With a slight buzz from the alcohol, I said to him, "Now we are going our separate ways, and I just want to hear you say clearly to me: You don't like me, and you've never liked me... Then I can give up..."

After a brief silence, he said, "What if I say... I do?"

"Ah—"

"I like you. For a long time."

"You, why didn't you tell me sooner?"

"Didn't you know? I thought I had made it obvious enough."

My head hurt. I had too much to drink, and my brain wasn't working very well. I couldn't figure out why, when he liked someone, he only showed it and never said it.

Years later, when I had a deep-to-the-bone understanding of him, I finally understood—

He never said he loved me, but no matter what it was, as long as I could say it, he could do it.

Comments